THE PROJECT PRESENTATION
The herein material has been realized in the period January - November 2008, within the project
"(RURCED) - Romania - Ukraine Regional Centre for Economic Development",
Contract no.: RO 2004/016-942.01.01.08, within Neighbourhood Programme Romania-Ukraine 2004-2006.
The general objective of the project was to intensify the process of trans-border economical development between Romania-Ukraine (Maramureş, Satu Mare, Zakarpattya, Ivano-Frankovsk), by improving the economical relationships between the two countries.
The specific objective of the project was to create a pilot platform for the RURCED economical development, by setting up some centres / regional offices of economical development aimed at strengthening the operational field of the trans-border cooperation. Hence, in order to reach the general objective described above, the herein project followed the following specific objectives:
- The setting up of a network of 3 RURCED pilot centres/offices in Baia Mare, Satu Mare and Uzhgorod;
- The defining of an economic strategy for the trans-border region Romania (Maramureş, Satu Mare) and Ukraine (Zakarpattya and Ivano-Frankovsk) by realizing an economical profile of the region;
- The organizing of 6 economic missions and attending 3 fairs - exhibitions;
- The initiating and developing of some initial communication instruments in the business environments of the two countries by means of: creating an online communication instrument in the shape of an interactive RURCED web page; creating a Romanian - Ukrainian Business Breviary and some other promotion materials and the setting up of a network of business translators, consisting of Romanian and Ukrainian translators trained for the commercial English.
The target group of the project included:
- 4 Chambers of Commerce and Industry - The Chambers of Commerce and Industry from Maramureş, Satu Mare (Romania) and Zakarpattya, Ivano-Frankovsk (Ukraine);
- 4 County Councils/Oblasts - Te Regional Public Authorities of Maramureş and Satu Mare (Romania) Counties and Zakarpattya and Ivano-Frankovsk (Ukraine) Oblasts;
- 2 Universities - The Baia Mare "Nord" University and Ivano-Frankovsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas;
- Minimum 80 businesspersons from Maramureş, Satu Mare (Romania) and Zakarpattya (Ukraine), participants in the economical missions / fairs, who established minimum 100 business contacts during these actions;
- Minimum 20 translators.
The final beneficiaries of the project:
- The regional trans-border business environment from Maramureş and Satu Mare (Romania) respectively Zakarpattya and Ivano-Frankovsk (Ukraine);
- The local communities in this trans-border region and the population in this area;
- The chamber system, the public local/regional authorities and the academic environment;
- The two states, Romania and Ukraine.
The project duration: 24 months (01.12.2006 - 30.11.2008).
The partnership structure:
- Beneficiary: The Maramureş Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Partners: The Satu Mare Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, the Maramureş County Council (Romania), the Zakarpattya Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Ukraine);
- Associates: The Baia Mare "Nord" University (Romania) and Ivano-Frankovsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas (Ukraine).
The main project results:
- A working network, consisting of Maramureş C.C.I. and the partners / associates / participants within this project;
- A RURCED Centre, headquartered in Baia Mare, within Maramures C.C.I. and two RURCED Pilot Offices in Satu Mare and Ujgorod within the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of these regions;
- A strategy of economical development of the trans-border region and an economical profile of the region, issued after organising four workshops;
- Three fairs in Romania and Ukraine, attended by 17 businesspersons and six economic missions organised in Romania and Ukraine, attended by 79 business persons, with a number of 199 established business contacts;
- A translation training course for the business English attended by 20 persons, who formed a network of translators;
- Promotion materials: a Romanian - Ukrainian Business Breviary on paper and in electronic form; a promotion folder, a web page of the project and articles published in the periodical publications of the partner Chambers and in the local press from Maramureş and Satu Mare;
- A final conference and a Forum of investments organised and finalized.
The strategy was realised by a team of consultants, experts and academic staff from the following organisations: The Maramureş Chamber of Commerce and Industry, The Satu Mare Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, The Zakarpattya Chamber of Commerce and Industry, The Maramureş County Council, The Satu Mare County Council, The Zakarpattya State Administration, The Baia Mare "Nord" University, the Ivano-Frankovsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas The Uzghorod National University.
For more information about this project, kindly contact us at the following address: MARAMUREŞ CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY, 16, Unirii Blvd., 430232, Baia Mare, Maramureş, România, tel. +40-262-221510, 0362-405303, 0728-233908, Fax +40-262-225794, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: www.ccimm.ro, www.proafaceri.ro.
This web site doesn’t necessarily present the official position of the European Commission. Responsibility for the correctness and coherence of the attached information is to be assigned to the web site initiators.
For further information about the other programs financed by the European Union in Romania, as well as for detailed information regarding the membership status of Romania in the European Union, we invite you to visit the web site of the Information Centre attached to the Representation of the European Commission in Romania